Thursday 4 June 2015

Mom's Magic


"I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” —Mitch Albom

Mom's the word - if u ever find yourself low, alone, sick....one touch of her hand...her voice.. can soothe you like nothing else in the whole world. 

I have been the one and only child of my parents and a very possessive child when I was young :) didn't like my mom loving any other kid...often referred to as a typical trait of "single" childs!! I dunno if that really holds true for everyone but yes I was like that...may b I still am...just that i can mask it better now :P so I always had her attention...I remember waking up at night and telling her I'm hungry and she made parathas for me...making me sit on the kitchen slab and then making sure I sleep well :D 

Remember birthdays in school...when all we wanted to do was look the best in a new dress and distribute the best of sweets...and how many tantrums we had for selecting a dress...and I seriously wonder why did our mom tolerate them....I dunno if I can be that patient with my kids (if I have any at all)...My mom says..when she had me...all she wanted to do was keep me happy...and I hear the same story from my friends who have babies and all my aunts and I Believe it has to be something magical which changes in you once you are a Mother...like you suddenly get an ocean of love and patience towards your child and nothing else matters.


I have stayed away from my parents for quite sometime due to studies and then work...the first time I left home..I was quite excited to be "FREE" and my mom had come along to make sure I settle down comfortably...I still cannot forget when I dropped her at the airport and I was on my way back to the hostel...I cried like crazy....cos thats when I realized I'm going to be living without her for good 2 years now...no early morning waking up...no amazing food...no chit chat sessions at tea time...I think that was the first time I realized how much she means to me...

A similar but a more intense feeling came when I got married...Like i mentioned above...u miss your parents when you stay away but somehow you are still together...but after marriage the whole equation is like revised like nothing before....you may be staying like 2 blocks away...but you still just cant hop out of ur place and go and stay with her anytime...and that pinches...but when you do finally get to stay at your mum's place..its like HEAVEN...and I can bet all married girls agree to this :P and in my case i get flashbacks...like when I see my mother in law making something for my husband...like his fav dish or something...it reminds me of my mom doing the same for me...and I miss her terriblyyy at that moment...you do get used to it...but marriage gives a whole new dimension to the word "MOM" at least for girls :) 

No matter how old we get...we still need her...and it's a blessing to have her around us as that form of Love is something nobody else can share with us :) it's pure bliss - Mom's Magic!















No comments:

Post a Comment